The Firebird is a commonly seen, very agile bird Risen 2: Dark Waters.
The build of this raptor-like creature reveals an agile predator more than capable of posing a serious threat despite its lack of arms.
Deep Silver describes them as follows:
- Mysterious screams and dangerous rustlings encompass the jungles of the new world. The natives have already recognized that these screams can only come from one being – the Firebird!
- To the natives, the creatures have been feared for generations and have been attributed with magical powers.
- To outsiders, the Firebirds are strangers and a new danger, especially since the expansion in the Southern Sea. It is very rare for an explorer to survive a confrontation with a Firebird unharmed.
- The few who claim to be survivors report of man-sized creatures with herd-like behaviours, surrounding their victims. They will not attack immediately but rather wait and pick off the weakest target first. With their lightning-fast reflexes, they differ their attacks very slightly, making battles with Firebirds extremely difficult and hard to flee from.
- Firebirds attack everything smaller than themselves, including human beings. For this reason don’t explore the jungles of Arborea alone! 
Usually seen in less dense jungle areas.
- 100 Glory
- Yields Raw Chicken by default, with the proper tool (?) also yields a Feather usable in several Schematics.
- 1x Feather